Copyright: Alistair & Jan Campbell of UK City Images

Cheshire Parish Council of

Aldford & Saighton


Local Places of Worship

Below is a list of local places of worship. Please click on the relevant link to access further information.

St Mary’s Church, Bruera

The historic Grade II listed St Mary’s Anglican Church, dates from, at least, the mid-12th century. Despite many alterations, especially in the late 19th century, the church still contains some structural elements that date from the Norman period.  Further information on church activities and history can be found at the following link: Click here….


Contact Details & Map

St Mary’s Church, Tilston


Although much of St Mary’s was rebuilt by the local architect John Douglas in the late 19th century, there are structural elements of the church which date from the 14th century. There is also evidence that the site was contained an older church dating from the early 14th century. Further information on church activities and history can be found at the following link: Click here….


St John the Baptist, Aldford


The John Douglas designed Grade II listed St John’s the Baptist Church in Aldford dates from the 1866. The red sandstone structure was commissioned by Richard Grosvenor, the 2nd Marquess of Westminster. Further information on church activities and history can be found at the following link: Click here….


Contact Details & Map Contact Details & Map


Please contact us if you would like your local place of worship details added, edited or removed from the above list. Click here to email…


St Edith’s Church, Shocklach

Despite many alterations the historic Grade I listed St Edith’s Anglican Church, still retains ample structural evidence of its Norman origins, and there are suggestions of possible Viking connections. Further information on church activities and history can be found at the following link: Click here….


Contact Details & Map

St Mary’s Church, Coddington
 

The Grade II listed sandstone built St Mary’s Parish Church was completed in 1834. Its predecessor, which was demolished in 1833 for being structurally unsafe, is believed to have dated from between the 8th and 10th century. Further information on church activities and history can be found at the following link: Click here….


Contact Details & Map

St Chad’s , Farndon


Farndon church is dedicated to the first Bishop of Mercia, St Chad, who died in AD 672. Although the current building dates from the 14th century, the site has been home to previous wooden structures dating from the Celtic period. Internal inspection of the church will reveal many interesting architectural features including a stained glass window which documents the church’s role in the 17th century Civil War. Further information  of church history and activities can be found at the following link: Click here…


Contact Details & Map